How the cybersecurity culture changes the direction of a company
January 27, 2023
February 2019 | by Marketing
The migration of SAP applications to the cloud requires a plan that is created according to the requirements of the ERP in question. A series of steps must be followed to allow said migration to take place perfectly and correctly. In the following post, we are going to present precisely this step by step so that you can be able to enjoy a SAP application on the cloud without major headaches.
Small and medium-sized companies need solutions that allow them to optimize the business processes they have to carry out. In addition, they need to simplify their systems to allocate human effort to create optimal competitiveness in the market and allow them to achieve good financial profitability.
In addition, this type of migration allows achieving results through which companies can analyze their results in real time and, based on them, improve and extend their development.
Next, the benefits of migrating SAP to the cloud will be detailed:
• Allows you to analyze transactions in memory, so that they are all located in a single copy of data. In this way, the executives can start from said data in real time and thus make the most correct decisions for their businesses.
• Users can access more specific data quickly, without having to account for their location. From there that the information is not necessary, it can be relocated and even deleted in a simple way.
• The operations are carried out in a simpler way, starting from a much safer and more solid base.
• A predictive analysis of the data and the capacity of the associated machines can be carried out.
• Allows all companies, regardless of size, to have a simple option for programming modern and intelligent applications; all of them adapted for the execution of SAP in the cloud.
• It also offers very important data processing, using formats such as graphs or series on a single system.
• Allows a company to have analytical data that they can serve in just a few seconds.
• It avoids long periods of lack of data, offering them an alternative, such as transferring data to scales or high levels of decibels.
As can be seen, SAP en la cloud will allow us to have access to our favorite ERP, whatever type it is, at any place and time.
In this case, you have to distinguish between migrating physical servers and virtual servers. There are many steps that can be performed on both, but each type of server has its own particularities.
Firstly, it is necessary to check that the Remote Office option is fully enabled. In addition, you must enable the RDP connections of the Windows Firewall. At this point, we are going to have to support a higher cost because we need a service that supports an environment that is very similar to the original. The services will tend to change in order to support all the features that SAP has on the cloud.
In principle, the cloud services most chosen by experts are Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure, with 48% and 10% of the market in total, respectively. Several strategies can be used to face the migration of SAP applications. But to decide the best it is necessary to carry out a previous study of the program, due to the fact that not all the strategies for moving applications can be correct for each case at an individual level.
• AWS Server Migration Service (SMS): application that allows you to automate, program and monitor server volumes. In addition, it is used to coordinate the steps to be taken on each server
• VMWare Cloud on AWS: solution that allows clients to stop carrying out workloads.
You can use many different programs. The greater part of them carry out a very good job and getting to connect with all the databases that want to migrate to the application between themselves. It is a type of software that allows you to solve challenges through the transmission of large amounts of data.
If you have decided to use AWS, we recommend that you use the AWS Database Migration Service to migrate the databases to the cloud. This allows the migration to be completely safe. In addition, leave the option that this is done in hot weather or at the moment when the equipment is not operational.
Carrying out the migration from SAP to the cloud with Sky.One is a very important challenge for small and medium-sized companies. With this it will be possible to improve the performance of the program and the reliability of the data generated by it.
In addition, Sky.One allows us to carry out this process without having to invest too much capital, which for the second type of companies is a very important requirement. Next, we present other benefits that carry out the migration with Sky.One :
• Access via web: Auto.Sky platform by introducing the credentials that are facilitated. Next, all the applications that you can manage remotely will appear in your office.
• Automatic backups: backups of the program and the database are carried out every day. The information is stored on a completely secure platform and is kept for 7 days. Therefore, if necessary, you can ensure a simple recovery of a complete capture within the previously established period.
• Availability in a few minutes: the hardware can be configured in a matter of minutes and, in case you need other resources, it can be added at any time.
• Access via mobile: it is very similar to access via the web, but you must purchase a license for each mobile, so that you can manage it through an application.
• Lower cost: this is an application where data such as availability, support and management of incidents are included in the initial assumption. Hence, you only pay for what you hire. In addition, you only pay for users who have access to enter the system.
Sky.One will offer you a vision of your business very oriented to improvement and data processing based on inference. In addition, it is a procedure that does not need too much to be carried out, so that any company can consult its characteristics and join the program without any difficulty.
This content was produced by SkyOne's team of cloud and digital transformation experts.
Check out some related posts.
January 27, 2023
November 11, 2022
November 11, 2022